University of Michigan School of Information (UMSI), Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Science in Information 2015
University of Michigan School of Public Health (UM SPH) , Ann Arbor, MI
Master of Public Health Candidate in Health Behavior and Health Education
Certificate in Health Informatics, 2015
Northwestern University Law School, Chicago, IL
Coursework in Contract, Property, Criminal Law and Legal Writing, 2005-2006
University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), Santa Barbara, CA
Bachelor of Science in Biopsychology, 2003
Bachelor of Arts in English, 2003
Improvement Path Systems, Rochester, MI
Solutions Architect, June 2015- Present
- Currently redesigning and updating a tool to help hospital administrators manage their obstetrics and labor and delivery departments through usability testing, collaborative design sessions, rapid iteration with low-fi (Basalmiq) and high-fi prototyping tools (Axure).
- Designed a dashboard used at two large hospitals in California and Virginia to track surgical patients' location and status using human-centered design, including: ethnographic observations of practice patterns, stakeholder interviews, collaborative design sessions, prototype reviews, and usability testing.
- Led the interface and interaction design of an inpatient nurse staffing tool including: working with key stakeholders to define business rules, writing stories in Jira for the development team, creating low and medium fidelity prototypes, and conducting usability sessions.
- Regularly travel to medical facilities across the United States to consult with hospital staff to define and refine requirements for process improvement software.
- Work with a development team to convert process improvement business requirements into detailed design stories with mockups and interaction specifications.
Kaiser Permanente, Digital Services Group (DSG),Pleasanton, CA
Digital Services Intern, June 2014- August 2014
- Reviewed Kaiser Permanente’s market research to determine best practices for online physician biographies.
- Partnered with regional stakeholders to develop a quality evaluation checklist for physician biographies and created/updated style guides.
- Conducted an audit of online physician biographies, analyzed the data, and presented actionable information in a dashboard to regional stakeholders.
- Collaborated in a group project that researched potential innovations across digital channels for Kaiser Permanente’s “mobile-first” strategy.
- Presented findings from individual and group projects to senior managers and project leaders.
Kaiser Permanente, Regional Health Education, Oakland, CA
Health Education Intern, June 2013-August 2013
- Conducted literature reviews, qualitative data collection, analysis, and synthesis to formulate best practices for the creation of culturally competent material for electronic health education outreach.
- Developed suggestions for integrating aspects of cultural competence into health education material workflow processes by leveraging in-house member research.
- Researched and documented historic trends in organization website visits and transactions in a report for the Vice President and Regional Administrator of Strategic Projects and Consulting at The Permanente Medical Group (TPMG).
- Evaluated existing course material for health education classes and provided scripting and general outlines for conversion into online formats.
The Center for Managing Chronic Disease, Ann Arbor, MI
Research Assistant, 2012-2013
- Edited online health education videos to provide information for patients with a rare allergic inflammatory condition of the esophagus, “eosinophilic esophagitis.”
- Reviewed and edited script for an iPhone video game app designed for children with traumatic spinal cord injury and research ways of operationalizing in-game measures of learning related to improvements in self-efficacy, global confidence, social skills, and activities of daily living (ADL).
Online Management Systems LLC, , Camarillo, CA
Copy, Content, and Technical Writer, January 2012-August 2012
- Wrote search engine optimized (SEO) content for websites associated with “Online Management Systems, LLC” (OMS).
- Created blogs, articles, and copy for company promotion.
- Designed layout for online material and specified insertion points for pictures, video, and multimedia.
- Acted as project manager of several assignments in which I tracked the work flow, quality, and progress of three other writers.
The Hebrew Home for the Aged at Riverdale, New York, NY
Research Site Manager, 2010- 2011
- Supervised a team of interviewers and managed the collection of data in a study examining resident-to-resident elder mistreatment funded by the New York State Department of Health and the National Institute on Aging and administered by the Hebrew Home for the Aged and Cornell Medical College.
- Coordinated work flow between central research office and nursing home facility.
- Tracked project progress for improvement and quality measures.
Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL
Anesthesia Technician,March 2007-December 2007
- Assisted Anesthesiologists in clinical care of patients.
- Maintained, troubleshot, and operated anesthesia machines and equipment.
Usability Testing and System Evaluation, Winter 2014, Client: Consumers Energy
Worked with a team of students to evaluate the Consumers Energy website for usability and generated suggestions for a complete redesign. During this process, we created interaction maps, personas and scenarios, comparative analysis, heuristic evaluations, surveys, and usability tests. As this evaluation progressed, we generated reports for our client and responded to our stakeholder's needs for analysis and information.
Contextual Inquiry and Project Management, Fall 2013, Client: Michigan Institute for Clinical & Health Research
Collaborated with a team of students to provide a user-centered report for streamlining workflow processes and data collection at a local academic non-profit. Utilized ethnographic interviews, observed work practices, and organized transcripts into affinity diagrams.
Program Evaluation, Fall 2013, Client: Youth Empowerment Solutions (YES)
In conjunction with a public health team, designed an evaluation plan to determine the potential of a behavioral test to pre-screen effective teachers interviewing for an after-school program for at-risk youth. Worked together to create evaluation design and planed for statistical analysis of data.
- Axure- Intermediate
- Contextual Inquiry- Intermediate
- HTML/CSS- Intermediate
- Illustrator- Intermediate
- InDesign- Intermediate
- Photoshop- Intermediate
- Python Programming- Beginner
- Expert Searches- Advanced
- Qualitative Data Analysis- Intermediate
- Qualtrics Surveys- Advanced
- SAS- Intermediate
- SPSS- Intermediate
- SurveyMonkey- Advanced
- APA Report Writing- Advanced
- Blogging- Advanced
- Copy Editing- Advanced
- Copywriting- Advanced
- Press Releases- Advanced